Der Koenig might be a sucess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Koenig might be a sucess

The plan for Piano Concerto No. in C major is complete as far as sketching is coming along. Following,

I. Allegro Pomposio
    II. Allegro un poco moto
    III.Vivo

Now, heres the other problem. The only reason why I am posting this somehwat useless information is because some of you had told me in previous posts that you wanted to know what was happening as far as compisitions are considered. Now the next thing is taking up advice that you all once told me-
    A wonderful and very attractive female is leaving school this year and as a lasting image, since she is so beautiful, I wanted to write her a Nocturne(from a Nocturne in E flat major, Op 9 by Chopin). The key would indeed be E flat major, maybe for her just a small variation even though I have my own theme in it. Anyway, I know that I might poor my heart and soul out into making this piece of music sound exactly correct, a theme for the moment, but I must say that I probally dont have the guts to give it to her.

Regards
    C. Van S.

-- Anyway, I know that I might poor my heart and soul out into making this piece of music sound exactly correct, a theme for the moment, but I must say that I probally dont have the guts to give it to her.
    [/B]

Buddy, you give that gal your Nocturne! Do it! Lay it out there and fire away!

I am not a musician (if anything I'm a "wannabe-writer"), but if I know anything it's that Music has to be the most Magical of the Arts. It completes the Circle, goes where words cannot, allows us to glimpse a plane far, far higher than the muck we reside in.

If she doesn't like it or appreciate it -- sure you may be hurt, but ultimately: What of it? So what if you're not the Genius you aspire to be? It is in the Doing not in the Result where REAL artists are made after all. Don't let ego stand in the way of doing what could be noble and beautiful, what can show the best in us -- that's Art, the only thing that truly lasts.

In a hundred years, everything around us will have crumbled, we'll all have been dead and buried, every car, every TV, every material thing will be dust, and then it'll be too late to bare your heart to anyone or anything or in anyway. Don't take the thought that you didn't at least try to your grave. Try, try, try then even if you've failed, you've really succeeded.

Myself -- I hope not to die with the thought: "I had a dream, but I didn't pursue it because I was afraid." That would be like dying a thousand times.

Let me leave you with a quotation that was found in one of Beethoven's journals:

"Blessed is he who has overcome all passions and then proceeds energetically to perform his duties under all circumstances careless of success! Let the motive lie in the deed, not in the outcome. Be not one of those whose spring of action is the hope of reward."

To this Beethoven added: "Be industrious, do your duty, banish all thoughts as to results."

I'm no sage or prophet -- not by a long shot. I too have a terrible time wiping away doubts and thoughts of possible "reward." But I feel his words are truthful and real. Hope it galvanizes you!

Remember: "Life is ephemeral, Art is Forever."

Comment

Stout,

I couldn't agree more with Euphony! Well said . Go on mate, give it a go, otherwise you'll never know.

But, don't forget, beauty isn't everything. She had no say in that. Her own deeds and personality are what really makes a woman. Is she worthy?

Fate is the only judge of your destiny. Give her the composition, if she rejects it, then it wasn't meant to be. At least you made the effort to find out. How can you lose?

Good luck.

T.

Comment

Yes and just remember what happened to two of the women who rejected B - Countess Guiccardi and Josephine Von Brunsvik - they both ended up unhappily married to other men.

You've nothing to lose and everything to gain - as Katherine Hepburn said 'Listen to the song of life' .

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by stout:
          The plan for Piano Concerto No. in C major is complete as far as sketching is coming along. Following,
          I. Allegro Pomposio
          II. Allegro un poco moto
          III.Vivo
          Now, heres the other problem. The only reason why I am posting this somehwat useless information is because some of you had told me in previous posts that you wanted to know what was happening as far as compisitions are considered. Now the next thing is taking up advice that you all once told me-
          A wonderful and very attractive female is leaving school this year and as a lasting image, since she is so beautiful, I wanted to write her a Nocturne(from a Nocturne in E flat major, Op 9 by Chopin). The key would indeed be E flat major, maybe for her just a small variation even though I have my own theme in it. Anyway, I know that I might poor my heart and soul out into making this piece of music sound exactly correct, a theme for the moment, but I must say that I probally dont have the guts to give it to her.
          Regards
          C. Van S.
          Christophe, you continue to mis-spell "compositions". This will definitely not impress girls! Maybe though, it`s contagious: the home page of this site links to "Beethoven`s Compostitions"!

------------------
          Peter (PDG)

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
            [BMaybe though, it`s contagious: the home page of this site links to "Beethoven`s Compostitions"!

[/B]
            Thanks for pointing that out - I'm amazed I never noticed !
            ------------------
            'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 02-21-2001).]
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
              Christophe, you continue to mis-spell "compositions". This will definitely not impress girls! Maybe though, it`s contagious: the home page of this site links to "Beethoven`s Compostitions"!

Good God! Does Peter think Beethoven is fit only for the manure heap?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                Good God! Does Peter think Beethoven is fit only for the manure heap?

Michael

Quite shameful isn't it ! To think it's been like that for a year - well at least I wasn't the only one who never noticed ! Still, Beethoven loved a good Pun !

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                X