Order and Coherence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order and Coherence

I know this is awful of me, but I'm having a bit of trouble with my essay. It's on how Beethoven stretches the concept of order and coherence, with reference to his three periods. If anyone has any gems that will set me on the right track which they are willing to share I'd be very grateful.
    Thankyou.

It sounds like you're taking a doctorate of music ! It really is a very complex question - I have performing and teaching diplomas, but I have to admit I'd have to do an awful lot of research to answer a question like that - Sorry to be so useless, but good luck anyway ! Hopefully someone else here has a bit more inspiration ! You could try reading Donald Francis Tovey's 'Beethoven' (Oxford University Press 1944)

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 02-13-2001).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Silvermoon:
      I know this is awful of me, but I'm having a bit of trouble with my essay. It's on how Beethoven stretches the concept of order and coherence, with reference to his three periods. If anyone has any gems that will set me on the right track which they are willing to share I'd be very grateful.
      Thankyou.
      By the light of the.............

Your question is a doozy, & I`m still waiting for someone to explain to me what that word means. BTW, I`m stumped re an answer. Sorry!

------------------
      Peter (PDG)

Comment

Working...
      X