Beethoven info. on Lead poison/site to check out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven info. on Lead poison/site to check out

HELLO, Since I am new to this site I don't know if this is OLD news BUT I just discovered a site that has complete information on the Lead poison found in Beethoven's hair and other thins NOT found. They said he DID not take pain killers and kept a clear head for music, during those very painfull last months. There was a quote by B.to his doctor as if he knew people would think the wrong thing about his death and diseases! He did NOT have sysphilis!
    check out:http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/beethoven/hair/hairtestpc.html
    The San Jose College has his hair on display right now!

------------------
    Martha
    Martha

Hi Martha, if you want more info about this, try reading 'Beethoven's Hair', a fairly new book that documents all this. Quite a fun read, and it clears up a lot of theories re his illness.

Susan

Comment

I am in the process of reading the book, Beethoven's Hair by Russell Martin and it is very interesting and has lots of information. It's very revealing too about his cause of death, and also the journey which the hair took during the last century. Also, I took a trip to San Jose, Calif. and visited the museum where I got to view his hair, (very exciting), among other things like some of his original manuscripts, portraits, original receipt books, items signed in his own hand, plus lots of other things. It's a great museum and a must see for Beethoven fans. The man who co-owns the hair lives right here in Phoenix, AZ. and attends all the Beethoven concerts we have here. The other co-owner is from New Mexico and they're both a big part of the book.
      Enjoy the book.
      Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I just read that the lock of Beethoven's hair from the San Jose Museum is going to go on display at The Smithsonian in Washinggton D.C
        in April, 2001. So, if anyone's planning on visiting San Jose Museum any time soon, you'd better hurry. Ha!
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Hello ladies,

Hey, wait a minute! Can`t we now clone living tissue from DNA found in hair? Does this mean we can now create another Beethoven?! Frankensteinian I know, but just imagine................On 2nd thoughts, perhaps not. I get the impression he would be none too pleased!

R.I.P. LvB

------------------
          Peter (PDG)

Comment

Working...
          X