I can't believe I forgot to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe I forgot to post this

A few weeks ago, I went to see the BSO do Piano Concerto No. 5 (I can't remember the name of the soloist ). It was great. Great tempos, great dynamics, and no missed notes (that I heard). There was a little bit of a balance problem in one section, but that was hardly anything. It was fun I hardly ever go to concerts anymore, and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I already bought tickets for the 4th Symphony in mid-March.

youre lucky. It sounds like you've gotten to many concerts, where as I have yet to go to one.

few questions:

how much is youre average ticket? Better yet how about a price range from poor to the best seats.

Are these concerts always formal affairs? If you dont where a suite do you stand out.

I plan on going to many throughout my life. Might be a few years away though, just have other priorities right now.

Comment

I'd say tickets are between $25 and $65. I paid $45 for mine, and it was a very good seat.

This concert was on a Sunday afternoon, so it was not very formal. I did not wear a tie. The evening concerts are more formal though, and I do wear a suit.

Comment

Nothing yet recorded quite matches the sonority and sense of a live concert, and since I don't attend that many, they are real "events" for me. If you include the pre-show chamber performances some soloists occasionally partake it and the chance perhaps to get an autograph, then attending a concert becomes very appealing. Artists on tour are the keystone to keeping a celebrity aura around classical music. I have an autograph from Yo-Yo Ma which I cherish, and someday I hope to have a whole collection of autographs!

Comment

Originally posted by Serge:
          I have an autograph from Yo-Yo Ma which I cherish, and someday I hope to have a whole collection of autographs!
          I presume that was from a recital of the Beethoven 'cello sonatas ? I have only one autograph to my shame ! - and it isn't worth the paper it's written on - when I was in my local youth orchestra we went on tour to Portugal and were accompanied by a local composer whose name now escapes me - we had the grave misfortune to premier one of his attempts - it was the most dreadful thing!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
            I'd say tickets are between $25 and $65. I paid $45 for mine, and it was a very good seat.
            This concert was on a Sunday afternoon, so it was not very formal. I did not wear a tie. The evening concerts are more formal though, and I do wear a suit.
            $45, and you couldn`t remember the soloist`s name?!

------------------
            Peter (PDG)

Comment

It just slipped my mind when I made the post, I guess

Comment

Working...
              X