"Eroica"; Symphony No. 3 Looking for a harmonic analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Eroica"; Symphony No. 3 Looking for a harmonic analysis

I am seeking a complete harmonic analysis of Beethoven's, Symphony No. 3 also titled "Eroica." This is for my personal study. I have seen partical anaylsis of the work, but I can't seem to find a full analysis. Any help would be apprieciated.

Elfsinger

I'm not surprised you're having such difficulty in obtaining a complete harmonic analysis, there are plenty of books giving a good outline such as Anthony Hopkins 'Beethoven- The nine Symphonies'. The other book which may be of some use is Beethoven: 'Eroica' Symphony, Thomas Sipe: (Cambridge Music Handbooks Series)
    Publisher: Cambridge University Press
    Pub. Date: October 1998

I haven't read it myself yet but I would be surprised if it offers the full analysis you are looking for - the only solution maybe to do it yourself !!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:

...I haven't read it myself yet but I would be surprised if it offers the full analysis you are looking for - the only solution maybe to do it yourself !!
      Good idea Peter, and if he does a good job of it, then perhaps, for a change, some decent interpretations may result from it!

Rod

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. An outline or partical analysis will work fine.

Comment

Working...
        X