There's problems with my compisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's problems with my compisitions

Yes yes, dont tell me, I know THIS time I spelled compisition wrong but time is of the essence and I cannot delay!
    I have written 2 sonatas, 1 for each girl I fell for. But the 1st one was week. The 2nd, was better, 3 movements. An adagio. Similar to Schubert's Lilac Serenade w/ my special "stout" variations. Another movement in Adagio, maybe Largo, and finally going against the rules, surpirsing an audience by having a big Presto movement and finale!!!!
    Anyway, the Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major is what is currently being worked on. I named it "Der Koenig" "The King" in German because it is a march. 3 movements. Allegro pompsio, followed by a romantic allegro piece with another allegro at the finale. Next work-symphony No. 1. Anyway, may I say to you all it is greatful to know that a mind has a place to turn for such advice. Never did a man in my place think he could find such friends. For all of you that have had women, stick with them as best you can. I see so many problems with men and women getting along and I dont undertstand why-why they fight or cheat. I once wrote a letter of outpouring to a girl naming her the immortal beloved(idea from LVB)but I never had the jewels to give it her.
    I find girls asking me when composing, "whats that" but I neglect to have a long conversation, even though I want to. I cannot find the words. Emotions like this, confusion, maddness are expressed through music, hoping people can go into MY mental state and understand...but I dont think they will.
    o, I called myself stout because its a true physical description of myself.

C.S.

They say scent is the most important sense that triggers the emotions: a smell of a fragrance or shampoo may take you back five or ten years to whatever happy moment you remember of whoever or whenever, or perhaps the smell of fall leaves takes you back twenty years to... whatever, really.

I think that while this is fairly true, music is the most important artform that triggers the emotions. More so than architecture, which is too often too static. More so than literature, which requires a forced sense of effort and intellectualism to understand the full impact of (usu.). More so than many of the other ways in which humanity expresses itself. Somehow, music is able to drill directly into the mind without the requisite effort of reading or studying or looking. Music surrounds you like nothing else can, and its effect is beyond compare. So to feel the way you do, stout, about your compositional efforts rings quite true with me. And it must have with Ludwig, too, who was the ne plus ultra of this art.

Comment

Originally posted by stout:
      For all of you that have had women, stick with them as best you can. I see so many problems with men and women getting along and I dont undertstand why-why they fight or cheat.
      C.S.
      You are still so young Stout, with all life before you, much too young to be 'forced to become a philosopher' yet your posts sound so sad! Concentrate on your music for now - work hard and your confidence will grow as will your achievements.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hey Serge,

Loved your comment about architecture being too static (I do know what you mean).

Hey Christophe,

Re girls, I guess you feel like I used to when people would say to me, after another `catch` had slipped through the net, "there are plenty more fish in the sea," to which I`d respond, "And just WHERE is this sea?!" Besides, who`d want to date a fish, except for Daryl Hannah? And don`t forget my other useful tips on Thanks to PDG.

Comment

I was wrong about the structure of the Piano Concerto. The 2nd movement is Adagio un poco moto.

Comment

Stout,

Your description of your compositions sounds fantastic, can't wait to hear them!

Comment

Working...
            X