What Beethoven felt in my own words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Beethoven felt in my own words

I implore whoever reads this not to trash it.

Have any of you ever searched for a handle on the moment. Whether it was a peaceful sunset or possible marching of troops? I have and for some reason get that feeling that I would think Beethoven kinda would have had.
    Right now, Iam no Beethoven. But it is my goal to be like him-to be able to make music just like he did and make people think about what they heard; leave them so awestruck that they say "he WROTE that!".
    Anyway, have any of you ever felt this?
    Regards,
    Stout

Originally posted by stout:
    I implore whoever reads this not to trash it.
    Have any of you ever searched for a handle on the moment. Whether it was a peaceful sunset or possible marching of troops? I have and for some reason get that feeling that I would think Beethoven kinda would have had.
    Right now, Iam no Beethoven. But it is my goal to be like him-to be able to make music just like he did and make people think about what they heard; leave them so awestruck that they say "he WROTE that!".
    Anyway, have any of you ever felt this?
    Regards,
    Stout
    Stout,

Did you choose this new name because you`ve been drinking it all night?

To answer your question: yes, I do; yes, I always did; & yes, I always will (hic)!

Comment

I for one would not ever do you the disservice of 'trashing' what you'd just wrote. Ludwig certainly had a good bead on the moment if not the circumstances of the moment. To compose as autobiographiclly as he did required that sort of awareness.

A lot of artistic people have been considered odd or lunatic because they seem to have had an excessive amount of awareness, I think. Beethoven was no exception.

Comment

This is the second time this week I have seen musicians wax philosophically about "being in the moment". PDG, have you noticed this too??

Comment

Originally posted by ~Leslie:
          This is the second time this week I have seen musicians wax philosophically about "being in the moment". PDG, have you noticed this too??
          Funnily enough, Les, yes. This feeling of deja vu has a surreal spookiness akin to.....oh, I don`t know.....floating Above the Treetops.

Comment

Working...
          X