Essay on the Eroica by H. L. Mencken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essay on the Eroica by H. L. Mencken

Has anyone ever heard of this essay on Beethoven's Eroica by H L. Mencken? Is it on the web or in a book - it feels as if I am about to go off on a Dr Suess rhyme. I'll refrain.

I`m responding here coz I don`t like zeros in reply columns. Also, I like your taste in unusual women

I don`t think that this Mencken essay is on the web. He has written essays on just about everything that moves - have you heard good things about this Eroica effort?

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
      I`m responding here coz I don`t like zeros in reply columns. Also, I like your taste in unusual women

I don`t think that this Mencken essay is on the web. He has written essays on just about everything that moves - have you heard good things about this Eroica effort?

PDG, thank you for your merciful reply. That big 0 in the reply column can be a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there. It was excrutiating and yet, somehow stimulating. Yes, it was referred to in a couple of writings I have seen, including one on the web. Sounds interesting and he can be an insightful and witty writer.

Comment

Kevin, PDG, Would it be possible to post this essay? I have a particular affinity to prose, and I have a feeling this may be a source of inspiration. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ~Leslie:
          Kevin, PDG, Would it be possible to post this essay? I have a particular affinity to prose, and I have a feeling this may be a source of inspiration. ~

Yes, I think it would, but first we need to find it. I get the impression it may not be on the web, so then it may be in a book. Like you, I think it might be very inspiring and even insightful.

Comment

Working...
          X