• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clara Schumann

A selection of the best works by Clara Schumann:
    http://www.classical-music.com/artic...clara-schumann
    'Man know thyself'

the Piano Trio in g- is indeed very beautiful, especially mov. and 1 and 4 - never heard it before. Thank you for sharing :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTcsluFxU4

Comment

I once read about Brahms and Clara respect of Schumann's internment. It was very embarrasing for me to know certain things. It seems they did not behave quite well with him poor Schumann. The state should have put a palace at this disposition and instead the died in a madhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
        I once read about Brahms and Clara respect of Schumann's internment. It was very embarrasing for me to know certain things. It seems they did not behave quite well with him poor Schumann. The state should have put a palace at this disposition and instead the died in a madhouse.
        This isn't correct Enrique. The Sanitorium at Endenich near Bonn where Schumann was sent was advanced in it's thinking and treatment of patients for that time. People close to Schumann, in particular his wife Clara and the circle of friends around Brahms and Joachim, cared intensively for him and suffered under the therapeutic isolation. The medical records and illness-related letters contradict the theory that Schumann was disposed of by being put into the psychiatric hospital; they show the concern of all during his illness.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm sorry, I posted in the wrong place. Here's the post:
          Well, the magazine where I read that maybe was a bit old. Recent investigation could have shed light inn the matter. I only know I felt profoundly sorry when I read it.

Comment

Working...
          X