X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    And now another one for the dedicated "Beethoven freaks" on this forum :

Please complete the following sequence (??) :
    Dm / FM / AM / FM / Cm / BFM / EFM / DM / ??
    CM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      CM ?
      Too easy for you, Michèlle! And the first IQ question?

Comment

I can see your little green light is on, Michael (indicating you're on-line). Come on, get counting !!

Comment

I can see your little green light is on, Michael (indicating you're on-line). Come on, get counting !!
          My little green light went out years ago. I tried the obvious - converting the letters to numbers - but I still can't get it. Save it for the maths buffs. I am sending out a distress call (column one, reading downwards).

Comment

My little green light went out years ago. I tried the obvious - converting the letters to numbers - but I still can't get it. Save it for the maths buffs. I am sending out a distress call (column one, reading downwards).
            You can do it, Michael, I have faith in you. See my private message to you for a little clue. When you find the solution, don't explain why, OK?

Comment

You have found the solution, Michael. In fact, you just said it. Look back carefully at what you just said (about converting letters to numbers) !!!!! Think in French !!! Did you ever do French at school?
              Last edited by Quijote; 12-03-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Zut! Michael's green light has just gone off. Oh, alright, I'll give you the English version of my little IQ test. Please find the missing letter (marked as "?") :

? t t f f
                s s e n t
                e t t f f
                s s e n t

Geddit?

Comment

Zut! Michael's green light has just gone off. Oh, alright, I'll give you the English version of my little IQ test. Please find the missing letter (marked as "?") :

? t t f f
                  s s e n t
                  e t t f f
                  s s e n t

Geddit?
                  Nah. I'm too tired and I hate numbers. You'll have to send me the answer. I thought this was supposed to be a comedy corner? Well, in the words of a dying composer: "Applaud, friends, the comedy is over!"

Comment

[...]I thought this was supposed to be a comedy corner? Well, in the words of a dying composer: "Applaud, friends, the comedy is over!"
                    Fair enough. I did think I would launch a new thread (IQ quizzes?) but I thought that might have put people off. So I thought the Comedy Corner to be the most appropriate place. Sorry.

Comment

Not only am I a pedant, I like quizzes, crosswords and play chess. And am forever on the hunt for "forbidden" parallel fifths. Can you redeem me? Please?
                      Last edited by Quijote; 12-03-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: Please?

Comment

O, I've finally got it!

Comment

Beethoven walked into a bar one day, and started swearing loudly.
                          You see, it was an iron bar .................................................. ...............
                          Beethoven walked into a bar one day and got all sticky - it was a chocolate bar.
                          That night he walked into another bar - it was a bar of music (he was having a surreal dream).
                          Bar none, these are the weakest jokes I have ever posted...

Comment

You should be barred from this forum!
                            Anyway, glad to know you're still alive!

Comment

O, I've finally got it!
                              I'm replying to my own post here. I hope I haven't given the game away. Philip, in case you think I stayed up all night trying to solve your riddle, I didn't. I'm very, very slow at puzzles but, like Beethoven, I keep worrying at a thing until I get it right.
                              Ignore my remarks about this being a comedy thread. Keep the puzzles coming but, in my case, it may take a few weeks before I can solve them!
                              (If they are Beethoven related, I may be a bit quicker because I eat, drink and ....... Ludwig van.)
                              Last edited by Michael; 01-02-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The Irish Banker's Accounting Committee has announced some new accounting Acronyms:

EBITDA = Earnings Before I Tricked The Dumb Auditor
                                EBIT = Earnings Before Irregularities and Tampering
                                CEO = Chief Embezzlement Officer
                                CFO = Corporate Fraud Officer
                                NAV = Normal Andersen Valuation
                                EPS = Eventual Prison Sentence

🎹

Comment

Working...
                                X