Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Beethoven's Words

Originally posted by Peter:
    CPE Bach's music had a real influence on early Beethoven - the sudden sforzandos and changes in dynamics can all be found in CPE's music. Just look at B's sonata Op.2/1 to see that.
    C.P.E. Bach is an unfairly neglected master, caught between his father and Handel before him and Haydn and Mozart after. But both Mozart and Haydn acknowledged their debt to him. If I recall correctly, Mozart called CPEB "the father of us all."

In Beethoven's Words

First of all I see that my earlier topic of "Beethoven Quote of the Day" has gone from this board, so I am continuing here with this:
    "Of Emanuel Bach's clavier works I have only a few, yet they must be not only a real delight to every true artist, but also serve him for study purposes; and it is for me a great pleasure to play works that I have never seen, or seldom see, for real art lovers."
    -26 July 1809, to Gottfried Härtel, of Leipsic, in ordering all the scores of Haydn, Mozart and the two Bachs.

Comment

CPE Bach's music had a real influence on early Beethoven - the sudden sforzandos and changes in dynamics can all be found in CPE's music. Just look at B's sonata Op.2/1 to see that.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
        First of all I see that my earlier topic of "Beethoven Quote of the Day" has gone from this board, so I am continuing here with this:
        Not only that chain, but at least one other too. I typed a response to the Wagner quote chain and upon submiting the post the chain dissappeared. Also some of the Bach v Handel chain went missing after I posted to that also. I posted a message in the suggestions forum asking what was going on - but the message didn't even show up on the screen! What's going on Chris!?

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 30, 2002).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Bump to account for time bug.

Comment

Working...
          X