Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
    Thanks for that; I needed a good laugh this morning. Currently I do not have the sound turned on, so it's really quite funny to watch that way. Yo Yo Ma was probably the funniest to watch.
    Ah Sorrano, you've got to actually listen to his impersonations, at least for the Casals. With the Casals impersonation, it's not so much visual as aural. A cruel impersonation, with a slight element of truth : intonation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A man and his dog walk into a talent agents office.
      "All right, lets make this quick, I'm a busy man so what's your talent?" asks the agent.
      The man says, "Its not me sir, its my dog -- he talks!"
      "Yeah, right," says the agent. "I don't have time for this so get out of here before I throw you out."
      "No, wait," says the man. "I'll prove it."
      He turns to the dog and asks, "What do you normally find...on top of a house?"
      "Roof!" says the dog, wagging his tail.
      "Listen, pal..." says the agent.
      "Wait," says the man, "I'll ask another question."
      He turns to the dog again and asks, "How does sandpaper feel?"
      "Rough!" exclaims the dog.
      "Quit wasting my time and get out of here," says the agent.
      "One more chance," pleads the man. Turning to the dog again, he asks, "Who, in your opinion, was the greatest composer that ever lived?"
      "Bach!" says the dog.
      "Okay, that's it!" says the agent, and forces the man and the dog out the door and slams it after them.
      Turning to the man, the dogs shrugs and says:
      "Maybe I should have said Beethoven?"

Comment

Here's a hilarious take on the Fifth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzXoV...&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Here's a hilarious take on the Fifth:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzXoV...&feature=share
          I watched that. I have to say that some of the musicians looked not to pleased with the idea!
          Last edited by Quijote; 09-15-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

An Asian fellow has moved in next door. He has travelled the world, swum
            > with sharks, wrestled bears and climbed the highest mountain. It came as
            > no surprise to learn his name was Bindair Dundat.

🎹

Comment

Just noticed a bad spelling mistake in Post #199. I should have written "... not too pleased...".

Comment

Yes, I understood it to be a typo, it happens now and then.
                The worst thing is not to be able to edit typo's once an email or pm message has been sent.
                🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  Yes, I understood it to be a typo, it happens now and then.
                  The worst thing is not to be able to edit typo's once an email or pm message has been sent.
                  Or to be able to edit an email address.....after it's been sent to the wrong person.

Comment

There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
                    paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
                      There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
                      paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.
                      That sounds like something Brahms could have said, but in relationship to music. Good one!

Comment

Did anyone hear about the Indian Chief who drowned in his TP?
                        "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Originally posted by EternaLisa View Post
                          Did anyone hear about the Indian Chief who drowned in his TP?
                          Never heard that one, EteranlLisa! Not sure I get it, either!!!!

Comment

Here's something morbidly bizarre, not sure if it's really funny. Reminds of a particular Hannibal Lecture film:
                            http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...-eaten-by-pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                              Never heard that one, EteranlLisa! Not sure I get it, either!!!!
                              (Hint) Maybe he was a Tea drinker and drank lots of Tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                                Here's something morbidly bizarre, not sure if it's really funny. Reminds of a particular Hannibal Lecture film:
                                http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...-eaten-by-pigs
                                Animal conspiracy for sure. Forget about robots taking over the world, the animals want it back!

Comment

Working...
                                X