Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megan View Post

Excellent cartoon, Megan. Is that Karajan? (Please add icon thing, the one that shows somebody [me] trying to be humorous).

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
      Excellent cartoon, Megan. Is that Karajan? (Please add icon thing, the one that shows somebody [me] trying to be humorous).
      No it's Bernstein
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

He's using Sue Perkins' instructions!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
          He's using Sue Perkins' instructions!
          Excellent PDG!!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I don't get it. What does "Wave Till Hands Music Around Stops" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I don't get it. What does "Wave Till Hands Music Around Stops" mean?

You see, Michael, I told you reading and understanding text is an "art". (This comment is meant as a joke, so please add the relevant icon.)
              Last edited by Quijote; 02-01-2009, 12:06 PM. Reason: Ho ho ho

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out the Sue Perkins reference. Must be an 'across the pond' referral.
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Joy, this will shock and amaze you, but it happens to be true. Sue Perkins is probably Britain's best-known conductor. She can neither play nor read a note of music but this trivia seems irrelevant to her current 'fame'.

I kid you not.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                    I'm still trying to figure out the Sue Perkins reference. Must be an 'across the pond' referral.
                    She won an "X-Factor" type competition called "Maestro" in which a number of celebrities (one of them being David Soul) were given a few quick lessons in conducting and planked in front of an orchestra. Each week, somebody was eliminated and the remaining two had to conduct the first movement of Beethoven's Fifth and a comedian (can we still say comedienne?) called Sue Perkins won. One of the judges was Sir Roger Norrington.
                    It did have the effect of boosting sales of Beethoven's Fifth for some time after.

Comment

Thanks Michael for clearing that up. David Soul from 'Don't Give Up on us Baby' Him I know.

Comment

Yes, that's the guy. Wasn't he also either Starsky or Hutch?

Comment

He was Hutch and I believe Paul Micheal Glasier was Starsky waaaay back in the 70's, where does the time go? Did you also know that David Soul was born in the USA (to quote Bruce Springsteen) and then became a British citizen?

Comment

As I've had a few glasses of wine, I am going to post a mildly rude limerick. Moderators: feel free to delete.

There was a musican called Gager
                            Who, as the result of a wager,
                            Consented to f*rt
                            The whole oboe part
                            Of Mozart's Quartet in F major

Comment

The poor guy must have been busting with those hemidemisemis...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X