Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armando has repaired the Beethoven's clock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armando has repaired the Beethoven's clock!

Cari amici,

In my site I' ve inserted a small description on the reparation that I have done to the Beethoven's table clock!. (I am musician and watchmaker)
    I have mended the clock September 29 th 2011, in the Beethoven Haus in Bonn (Beethoven Archiv). (you gone to the first page of www.lvbeethoven.it and then click on the pencil that writes "News", in low to right)

Emotion! I had seen the clock, first on the books, then in the museum.... and now I have picked it up, manipulated, cleared, and finally sheltered,.... this is a beautiful dream! Besides we have found a lot of news on the Beethoven's clocks, and we can publish the second part of the search that we have pre-printed on the volume 9 of the Neues Beethoven Studien. If you want other news or photos or video, not you hesitate to write me!

Amicizia

Your Armando

How fascinating - lucky you! I checked the link but I don't speak Italian so if you could share a bit more about it here with us, you're most welcome.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Way cool indeed! Not being able to speak, read or understand italian, I as well am unable to read what is posted on your site. But I must admit that your photos speak for themselves. Super fantastic! And I bet you were loving every moment you were able to spend working on that lovely clock.
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Fascinating!
        This may seem a silly question, but is the little bust on the top of the clock also original, and who is the bust of? I thought it could be St. Cecilia, the patron of music.
        🎹

Comment

Dear Megan,

I have seen a lot of clocks similar to that of Beethoven. These clocks are in "neoclassic" style. They has columns, (or pyramid) or they is decorated with subjects of Roman or Greek style. In effects, I believe that this bust represents Minerva, or it represents a Roman virtue (Romana Pietas). In the new photo that I have put on the site, you can see a big layer of painted-withe glue.

I believe that the statue has been glued on the head of the clock. Probably first there was another decoration. Perhaps a sphere in gilded wood or of gilded brass to mercury. The reparation is very interesting. I have seen and photographed the date of the creation of the enamel dial: 1810.
          We have published the first part of the research (Beethoven and the art of Horology) in the number 9 of the Neue Beethoven Studien. This article (in English) is really very interesting. I believe that this is the first great contribution on this argument.
          Besides, in this last year I have found material unpublished (The Luigi Bellofatto's help is fundamental for me).
          this material will shortly be published, together to an accurate description of a pocket watch that I have found and bought to Sofia, in Bulgary, exact copy of a Beethoven's pocket watch, and sold to the auction to Potsdam. http://www.potsdamtv.de/Stadtleben/B...Uhr-16261.html After the clock of Tobias Haslinger, now I have this "relic" built by the watchmaker Rost, Salzburg, 1795.

Armnd-----------------

Comment

Kind friends, Luigi Bellofatto has translated the page on the restauration of the Beethoven's clock from the Dante's language of that of Shakespeare: http://www.lvbeethoven.it/Spectacles...hovenEngl.html I hope that you will appreciate this.

Friendship,

Vostro Armando.............

Comment

A thousand thanks Armando for Luigi Bellofatto's english translation of that page. Now all of those who can not speak italian will be able to enjoy and share your journey through the restoration of that lovely Beethoven clock. Danke!
              "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Dear Armando;

As always you are most modest. Please tell the forum about the Tobias Hasslinger pocket watch!!

Avishai
                "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Yes many thanks for sharing that with us. I also wondered about the statue on top which doesn't look as though it belongs. I also wondered why and how the clock came into the possession of Schindler?
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Indeed, that is very interesting! Thank you for sharing that!

Comment

Dear International friends,
                      I am an active forumist on Armando's site, I know him and I can assure you he is one of the best on the market, as you can see: pity you cannot enjoy his astonishing culture in B's matter,but we can share his wonderful midis and compositions!
                      Armando is OUR PERSONAL STEVE JOBS!

Comment

gentili amici,

Me and Jobs we share neither the ingeniousness nor the economic power. I overcome however Steve in the health......
                        As I have promised, here is the page with my two pocket watches. http://www.lvbeethoven.it/Spectacles...Beethoven.html The first one is that belonged to Robert Haslinger, vulgo Tobias. The second is a clock of the Salzburg watch artisan ROST. It is the same type of that sold this year to the auction in Potsdam (belonged to Beethoven). The two pocket watches are also of the same year. (1795-1796). The comparison among these two objects is amazing!.
                        In this page you will also find the photos of other two pocket watches. The first one is that is said belonged to Beethoven, near privates in Nürnberg. The second is a "Prior" preserved to the museum Fitzwilliam in Cambridge, UK. http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/ The details of these objects you can find them on the volume 9 of the Neues Beethoven Studien.

Grazie per la vostra pazienza----------

Armando

Comment

Caro Armondo, mille grazie per your posting about B's "tick-tock". I really enjoyed reading that! I regret I don't speak Italian. Nobody's perfect! I hope the clock will keep good time now you have repaired it!

Comment

I regret don't speak Italian. Nobody's perfect! I hope the clock will keep good time now you have repaired it![/QUOTE]

Don't regret. I think that except from Armd's site, knowing Italian is worthless in the web, it would be better to know German at least in this topic.

Comment

Working...
                            X