Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During lunch yesterday, a CD of André Watts performing various Liszt works.

During supper, a CD consisting of six works by Rossini for the combination of flute, clarinet, horn and bassoon, performed by Consortium Classicum. (I've heard several of these same pieces played by strings.)

Comment

Debussy - 'La Mer'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

During lunch Saturday, Mozart symphony No.40 performed by the English Baroque Soloists under Jon Eliot Gardiner.

During supper Saturday, Mozart symphony No.41 and the overture to "La clemenza di Tito" performed by the Orchestra of the 18th Century under Frans Bruggen.

ADDENDUM: During lunch Sunday, Mozart symphony No.25 performed by the Academy of Ancient Music under Christopher Hogwood.

All of the above on CD.
        Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 03-29-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

During supper Sunday, Haydn String Quartets Op.54 No.1-3 performed by the Tatrai Quartet on a Hungaroton CD. I own four sets from this series and like them well enough that I never felt the need to branch out and buy alternative Haydn quartet interpretations.
          Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 03-30-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Bach: Gamba Sonatas and Adapted works for violincello piccolo / Anner Bylsma
            Zevy

Comment

This morning:
              Haydn: Piano Sonata #59 in E-Flat, H XVI:49

Happy Birthday to Haydn! The first movement reminded me of an early sonata of Beethoven (I believe in C Major).

Comment

During lunch today, Haydn string quartets Op.55 No.1-3 performed by the Tatrai Quartet (CD). Happy B-day indeed!

After lunch at YouTube, I revisited the Jasper Quartet's performance of B's Op.59 No.3. I continue to see this as my favorite rendition of the work, despite a few forgivable minor slips.

During supper, Beethoven string quartets No.10 Op.74 & No.12 Op.127 performed by the Vegh Quartet (CD).
                Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 03-31-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

This morning:
                  Röntgen: Cello Sonata in a, Op 41 (1900)

Comment

Bach Suites for Solo Cello/Anner Bylsma
                    Zevy

Comment

During lunch, Beethoven string quartet Op.59 No.1 performed by the Takacs Quartet.

During supper, Haydn string quartets Op.71 No.1-3 performed by the Tatrai Quartet.

I enjoyed the Tatrai's Haydn more so than the Takacs' Beethoven, at least partly due to sound quality. Then too I've been especially keen on Haydn lately, and his string quartet are consistently delightful.

Comment

This morning:
                        Pleyel: Symphony in C, Op 66

Reminded me a lot of Haydn.

Comment

Right now- Ludwig's piano sonata, opus 109 played by Ronald Brautigam on fortepiano. If I've said it a hundred times, it will be never be enough- these variations are real heart tuggers- each time I hear them they effect me the same. Really beautiful. And Ronald plays them better than anyone I've ever heard; the fortepiano really is vastly superior to a modern piano. The sound is so much more emotive and full and alive! That lush waterfall of notes near the end of the variations- you all know it, is just so stunning on fortepiano.
                          Last edited by AeolianHarp; 04-02-2015, 09:32 PM.
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                          Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

During lunch today, Haydn string quartets Op.74 No.1-3.

During supper, Haydn string quartets Op.76 No.1 & 2 "Quinten".

All works performed by the Tatrai Quartet on Hungaroton CDs.

Comment

Elgar - Variations on an original theme, Enigma, Op. 36.
                              Scottish Symphony Orchestra .

Handel - Eternal Source of Light Divine. Ode for the birthday of Queen Anne.
                              Last edited by Megan; 04-03-2015, 03:35 PM.
                              🎹

Comment

During lunch, Haydn string quartet Op.76 No.3 "Kaiser" performed by the Tatrai Quartet on CD.

During supper CD disk 1267B of Brautigam's Mozart variations set, consisting of, in order played: KV613, KV284a, KV394 (KV383a), KV354, KV574, KV540.

Comment

Working...
                                X