X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven 2020

It's started:

http://www.dw.com/en/beethoven-spark...020/a-19395487

Thanks Michael, like the logo! I hadn't even thought about his 250th but it'll be here before we know it.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ugh, this social media generation with their need to shorthand everything...

"As trendy as the idea appears, it actually comes from the composer himself: That's the way he signed some of his works, shortening his name to Bthvn."

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
        Ugh, this social media generation with their need to shorthand everything...

Doh!
        Cdn't agree more with u!
        But the designers of the logo have said that Beethoven occasionally signed letters in that abbreviated fashion.

Maybe we can look forward to more monuments like this new monstrosity in Bonn. It's even more horrible in real life. I have a photo of myself standing next to it - and I honestly don't know which looks worse:

Last edited by Michael; 07-13-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

That logo reminds me of the personalized California license plate I had on my 1985 Thunderbird. It read BEETOVN
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Very much looking forward to 2020 and wall-to-wall Beethoven.

Comment

Yes, 250 years of glory.
              The license plate thing sounds great! but I'm hoping to be car free by 2020. I'm thinking a tattoo of his face on my chest. Maybe just the forearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                That logo reminds me of the personalized California license plate I had on my 1985 Thunderbird. It read BEETOVN
                It would be worth a small fortune now!
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

A short news item which has just appeared:

"Germany will spend 27 million on Beethoven year.
                  The budgets have been published for the commeration of the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth in 2020.
                  Culture Secretary Monika Grütters has allocated 27 million Euros and Chancellor Angela Merkel has just nodded it through.
                  A significant chunk of money will go to the composer’s birthplace, Bonn."

Comment

Originally posted by dahc View Post
                    Yes, 250 years of glory.
                    The license plate thing sounds great! but I'm hoping to be car free by 2020. I'm thinking a tattoo of his face on my chest. Maybe just the forearm.
                    I have a tattoo of his wax seal 'LvB' on my wrist.
                    Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      Someone else had similar idea (found on web):
                      "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
                      --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

The garbage trucks in Taiwan keep playing "Fur Elise".
                        Peter thinks that work is garbage anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4ElBKxStU

Comment

Working...
                        X