Chopin portrait discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopin portrait discovery

Discovery of a very likely original photographic portrait of Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849). Big surprise and emotion in the world of classical piano! A new image and the greatest interest was discovered in a private house by a connoisseur of Frédéric Chopin, Mr. Alain Kohler, a physicist Switzerland. This one has conducted a thorough investigation with m. Gilles Bencimon, radio France International, himself with passionate musician. The two researchers came to the conclusion that it is in all likelihood of a photographic reproduction of a daguerreotype hitherto unknown of Chopin. Certainly made circa 1847 in the workshop of Louis-Auguste Bisson, this cliche would only be the third known photographic portrait of compositeur. Mr. Alain Kohler is not to test his shot since he had discovered there are two years ago, at Its owner German, the grand piano Pleyel N° 11265 who was the one of Chopin at the winter-Spring 1844-45 At Square D ' orléans in Paris.
    + info: http://www.institutpolonais.fr/#/event/1731

Last edited by Megan; 02-07-2017, 05:20 PM.
    🎹

It certainly looks like the Chopin we know from the previous photographs.
    If it is genuine, it looks amazing for 1847 and if the technology existed a mere twenty years earlier, we could have had a picture of you-know-who.
    Although, I can't see him responding to: "Smile, please!" at any time, particularly 1827.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      It certainly looks like the Chopin we know from the previous photographs.
      If it is genuine, it looks amazing for 1847 and if the technology existed a mere twenty years earlier, we could have had a picture of you-know-who.
      Although, I can't see him responding to: "Smile, please!" at any time, particularly 1827.
      Well it did in its infancy - the oldest image is of a roof top taken in 1826 by Nicéphore Niépce
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nic%C3...i%C3%A9pce.jpg
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I love old photos. Here is an early photo of the Sphinx that my cousin Leavitt Hunt took back in 1852. He was a Harvard-educated attorney and photography pioneer who was one of the first people to photograph the Middle East.

"God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Likewise for me too Hollywood, I love old photos! Very cool picture!
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            Discovery of a very likely original photographic portrait of Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849). Big surprise and emotion in the world of classical piano! A new image and the greatest interest was discovered in a private house by a connoisseur of Frédéric Chopin, Mr. Alain Kohler, a physicist Switzerland. This one has conducted a thorough investigation with m. Gilles Bencimon, radio France International, himself with passionate musician. The two researchers came to the conclusion that it is in all likelihood of a photographic reproduction of a daguerreotype hitherto unknown of Chopin. Certainly made circa 1847 in the workshop of Louis-Auguste Bisson, this cliche would only be the third known photographic portrait of compositeur. Mr. Alain Kohler is not to test his shot since he had discovered there are two years ago, at Its owner German, the grand piano Pleyel N° 11265 who was the one of Chopin at the winter-Spring 1844-45 At Square D ' orléans in Paris.
            + info: http://www.institutpolonais.fr/#/event/1731

How come I never find anything like this in my house?
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
            X