Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
    Hi Sorrano, Chris. What's a plugged nickle?
    EDIT: I found the meaning: a nearly worthless amount.
    Yes, it's an expression we use to place emphasis on the worthlessness of an item. The nickle itself is pretty worthless, so a plugged one, or fake one, is less.

Comment

Ah! Fake. That makes sense.

Comment

🎹

Comment

Yes, I can certainly relate to that!
          When I practice on my own, sometimes I'll think, ooh my tutor would be pleased with that. Then as soon as he comes and watches me, it all goes pear shaped.
          🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            Yes, I can certainly relate to that!
            When I practice on my own, sometimes I'll think, ooh my tutor would be pleased with that. Then as soon as he comes and watches me, it all goes pear shaped.
            I'm not surprised if your teacher looks like that!
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

No, he's good really. He is very shrewd as well because he pushes me to know what I know as it were, that is the things that he has taught me and to recall them before learning new things. Sometimes feel a bit nervous if I'm tackling something new.
              I have yet to improve on sight reading. I find learning a piece by heart easy, but I have to train myself not to forget to read the music as well.
              🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                Sometimes feel a bit nervous if I'm tackling something new.
                I have yet to improve on sight reading. I find learning a piece by heart easy, but I have to train myself not to forget to read the music as well.
                Sounds like familiar pupil problems!
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15589852_10154221226684537_1542024964907052373_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	106133

🎹

Comment

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UgMC0fD8Q[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UgMC0fD8Q[/youtube]
                    Last edited by Megan; 02-20-2017, 02:48 PM.
                    🎹

Comment

Here's a link to a fancy restaurant's Menu cover.
                      Mozart it ain't, but do you recognise it?
                      Enjoy the horror : https://i.redd.it/hs12vnbeakez.jpg

Comment

Yabadabadoo - The Flintstones!
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ha! I wonder how many diners ask what Mozart tune that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                            Yabadabadoo - The Flintstones!
                            Hah! I can see how you spent your childhood in front of the box, Peter !!! I'm guilty, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Ha! I wonder how many diners ask what Mozart tune that is?
                              Well, Chris, that's the point, isn't it? It's sad in my view that we have this specious approach to Classical music: fancy dining is equated with that awful "Mozart-chocolates-Eine-Kleine-Nacht-Musik-isn't-Salzburg-pretty" kind of thing.
                              It is unfortunately what finances Classical music to a certain extent. Sorry, I'm feeling cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                                Hah! I can see how you spent your childhood in front of the box, Peter !!! I'm guilty, too!!
                                Yes, but it wasn't quite as trashy as it is now - I learnt a lot from The Magic Roundabout, Playschool and Tom & Jerry
                                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                                X