Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen an actor speak like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever seen an actor speak like this?

This is Malcom McDowell, an actor from the 1970s. Now, if I am not wrong, the dialog --he's being interviewed, goes like this:
    -- Malcom McDowell, that was a clip from Clockwork Orange. Are you glad that you appeared in that film?
    -- I certainly am. Made me a fortune.
    -- More than that...
    -- Well.. the basics of life. One has to live and eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLm6TjV8MIw

I never heard an actor speaking about the picture he has just filmed so frankly, though the film was shot four years before this. Everyone says "working with director X was fantastic, actress Y is a real professional, ...". At a certain point he says: "It is not a matter of whether he is good or bad. The fact is that he [the central character] has the right to a choice." Before that he says that the book is about the freedom of choice.

I saw Minority Report, with Tom Cruise, who must really like money. It's about three people who can predict the moment a crime will happen, working in collaboration with the police. In this world, thus there are no crimes. They are prevented before they happen. I asked my analyst, who had seen it, "isn't that a terrible reality"? "No, I think it's perfect". He thought it was a desirable state of things. But the picture was about the nullification of free will!

I think many science fiction films are a satire of the modern state, a protectionist state where the civil liberties are already a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Enrique; 05-20-2014, 03:10 AM.
Working...
X